Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No 2008 Ashdown Candidacy


I'm sure most of you who have hung around this blog for the last few years know that we were pretty excited about Pete Ashdown's candidacy in 2006.

Well, he's not running for anything in 2008 and it makes me a little sad. But, we still have 2010 to look forward to.

From an email this afternoon:
The Tribune just asked, so I thought I should release a statement about
2008 candidacy on my website:

A number of people have asked whether I will be running for Utah
governor or congress this year. It is humbling to be considered.
However, currently my commitment to my family, XMission, and the local
organizations I sit on boards for does not lend the time required for a
candidacy this year. In January I took on the role of chairing the Utah
Heritage Foundation for two years and I feel strongly about seeing that
role through. I am looking forward to what political possibilities are
presented in 2010.

http://peteashdown.org/journal/2008/03/11/2008-elections/

So, here's to 2010.

No comments: