Thursday, March 29, 2007

"DIVIDED STATE" Screening

A film class at Salt Lake Community College invited Bryan, Elias, and myself to a screening of THIS DIVIDED STATE today.

It was great to watch the film again. It has been a year since I'd last taken a peek at it and it was nice to see an audience react to it again. I'd forgotten how emotional I get during the election day montage when everyone cast their vote for President of the United States. Probably my favorite moment of the film.

Anyways, we held an hour long Q & A session with the students after the film. It was a brilliant discussion, one of deep thought and great insight. Especially given the recent Cheney/BYU controversy, it felt really good to talk about the status of free speech in America.

Here are some pics from the event:


Steve, Bryan, and Elias, while mutually crossing their legs, talk about making This Divided State

No comments: