Sunday, March 04, 2007

Back from Los Angeles

We got back into town last night and things are moving full speed ahead again starting tomorrow.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Also, as though I didn't have enough to do, Joel Petrie, the gentleman who did all the D.P. work on "The Fleapit Three", asked me if I could help him shoot a sequence from Romeo and Juliet for a stage version of it that he's doing for UVSC. It's actually quite an interesting concept, about half the play will be played out on video moniters, with the actors coming on and off stage at specific cues.

He's also doing it in sort of an urban motif, so we shot in some alleyways in Salt Lake City last night. Actually, it was the opening fight of the play between the Montagues and Capulets. Joel was in the scene so he needed me to D.P. that sequence for him and for all the grumbling I did leading up to it, I had a lot of fun and I think it's going to turn out well.

You can see sort of what they're going for down below. This is the apothecary scene:



It's pretty good looking stuff. I really want to see the play in it's complete form. I would advise all of you to do the same.

Also, we've done a bit of work on "The Fleapit Three" since last anyone saw it. If there is any interest whatsoever in doing another screening, everyone should let me know.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I would love the opportunity to see TFT.

-Bob